Subscribe for updates from our blog so you don’t miss out:
At Roll, we’re a bunch of creatives & doers – designers, developers, producers, executers and dreamers. Or, in other words, we’re from the same world as our users and you – the readers of our blog.
The other day over lunch we were talking about all the events we like going to and meetup groups we’re part of. We thought you guys might be interested in our list to find events to go to or see where you’re likely to run into one of us.
So here’s our list. We’ll keep adding to it over time so make sure you check back every now and then. And if you think we’ve missed an awesome event or group make sure to let us know via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter (@rollhq).
Regular Meetups & Events
This is a list of groups that hold events regularly throughout the year. Check out their website for upcoming events.
- Creative Mornings - a free, monthly breakfast lecture series for the creative community.
- Design Assembly - a range of events and workshops throughout the year.
- The Design Kids Tuesdays - a relaxed networking event to meet other creatives, get inspired and enjoy a drink or two. There are also local groups in Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin.
- The User Experience Auckland Group - a meetup group for all you UX enthusiasts. Join the group to find out about upcoming meetups.
- Women in Tech - a place to discuss the tech you love and issues faced by women in the tech industry. Join this meetup group and come along to the next event.
- Colab Creative Technologists Meetup - share and discuss projects, prototypes, presentations, research, events and ideas that involve creativity and technology.
One-off Events & Conferences
Digital Day Out
21 JUNE 2016
A bit more about digital than creativity and more corporate (and expensive) than the other events on our list but we thought we’d included it because digital is such an important aspect of many creatives’ work.
DDO hosts leading authorities in the digital space to present a mix of case studies and presentations which showcase thought leadership, innovation and success in digital marketing, which will be both inspiring and highly relevant and practical for the audience.
23 JULY 2016
An event designed to facilitate collaboration and allow people to learn and share their latest designs, works-in-progress, tech toys, and side projects with other like-minded, awesome people. Come along! You will be fizzing with ideas and inspiration after spending the day among such excellent company.
A date and venue haven’t been announced yet. We’re expecting it to happen sometime mid-year but check the website and sign up for the newsletter to stay up to date.
12-13 AUGUST 2016
A creative platform spreading art and design inspiration. It consists of a conference and side events which include exhibitions, competitions, workshops and parties. It’s a week long celebration of all things design. Graphic Design, Film, Art, Illustration, Web Design, Photography, Visual Effects, Animation, Graffiti, Motion Graphics, Stop Motion, and more.